Students can choose to study at another U.S. institution of their choosing. Implications for financial aid and credit transfer may apply.
Students can choose to enroll in any U.S. community college, college or university.
Students must enroll for at least 3 credit hours at an accredited institution and provide a copy of the transcript, verifying completion, at the end of the away semester.
Note: Students must satisfactorily complete a mandatory LMS course during their semester-away experience.
Search for an Opportunity
Students need to research and identify the school that offers the courses they want to. Contact the school if you need assistance selecting courses. Review with your HUB advisor to determine if the courses credits will transfer to Rensselaer.
Process to Register a Study an another U.S. Institution
- Contact the school directly and follow the college's guidelines for non-matriculation enrollment.
- Log into sis.rpi.edu to record your Away Semester plan (Select ILE-Study at Another U.S. Institution)
- Complete the Arch Semester Away Registration form
- The Office of Undergraduate Education will review and approve the away semester experience. Students must contact their academic HUB or faculty advisor directly to determine course transference.
Office Contact for Questions and Guidance
The Arch Academic Programs
- Dr. Tiffany Powell, Director, Arch Academic Programs